Seize the opportunity to try your hand at long-form fiction, and share your stories at weekly workshop sessions. Throughout the course, students will gain practice in various aspects of fiction writing. By the end of the course, students will complete an outline and a portion of their novella or novel.
Mondays. Jun. 23, 2014 to Aug. 11, 2014.
17:45 – 20:15
Cost: $255 CDN
Taught by author, instructor and creativity coach Elizabeth Johnston. She is the author of No Small Potatoes, a creative non-fiction book about food security. Elizabeth has had over 100 articles published in newspapers and magazines, her poetry is included in the anthology, A Room at the Heart of Things, and her most recent project is the creation of the video poem, Keepsake.
To register in person, go to Concordia’s Centre for Continuing Education located at
1600 Ste-Catherine West, First Floor (FB 117) or call the Centre at (514) 848-3600.
You can also contact the Centre by email: email@example.com
As well, full registration details are available from the Centre’s website:
Here are some comments from those who have taken workshops with or been coached in writing by Elizabeth:
- · Brava to a real great teacher! I have found that you have helped me immensely, and certainly inspired me to actually begin what I have wanted to do for some time. All of your suggestions and exercises have been most helpful, and getting the participants involved with criticism of others’ work is both interesting and worthwhile. Virginia LeMoyne, Montreal, Qc
- · You have the ability to unlock whatever ‘treasures’ are in my mind. Your guidance and direction were just what I needed. Marilyn Golden, Pierrefonds, Qc
- · Elizabeth is very patient. she makes class fun! A very generous and warm teacher. David Turpie, Montreal, Qc
- · I was very inspired by your method of focusing our writing on everyday subjects. It surely made me very attentive in class, and I was able to produce beyond my own expectations. Gwen Goring, St. Hubert, Qc
- · Thanks, Elizabeth, for radically changing my life! Marianne, Montreal, Canada
- · Your compassion and caring nature is greatly appreciated by my sensitive self. Dawn Ford, Montreal, Quebec
- · Elizabeth was an incredible source of insight and inspiration. Lisa Starbard, Massachusetts