Headlight is now seeking applications for 2018-2019 editorial positions from current graduate students in Concordia’s English Department. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in literary editing/publishing, support your fellow students, and engage with exciting creative work from emerging artists. Interested students should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 30, 2018.
We are accepting applications for the positions of Managing Editor, Poetry Editor, Fiction Editor, Visual Art Editor, and Designer. Roles are as follows:
- Along with Editor-in-Chief and fellow Managing Editor, makes final decisions on works/edits accepted for publication
- Coordinates submission and approval process through the Headlight email account
- Helps organize/run events and calls for submission (venue booking, publicity, etc.)
- Assists with funding applications and finance management as needed
*This is the ideal entry position for a first-year student who is interested in leading the journal next year as Editor-in-Chief.
Poetry/Fiction/Visual Art Editors
- Selects submitted works in the applicable category for publication
- If necessary, works with the submitting artist to apply edits
- Assists with theme brainstorming and publicity
- Responsible for cover design and layout of the final journal (in spring 2019)
- Requires familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign
Send your questions/applications to email@example.com by Sept. 30, 2018. You are welcome to apply for more than one of the above positions. We look forward to hearing from you!